How to Adjust the Length of the Mooring Line
The buoy should float at the surface with little or no slack. This can be
achieved in the water after the anchor is set, or by careful measurement
The top loop should be ideally positioned 6" to 18" above the water when
the anchor is set. Adjust by adding or removing rope segments until the
proper length is reached.
- First, remove the stainless snap hook and buoy at the top of the
- To add segments, thread additional rope segment through top loop of
- Next, thread rope segment through its own loop, creating a larkshead
connection. To remove line segments, simply loosen the larkshead and pull
unwanted segment through.
- Once adjusted to proper length, replace buoy.
- Thread rope-end through buoy with twisting motion.
- Then re-attach stainless snap hook.
The completed mooring connects to park item using snap hook connected to
anchor ring. Secure the hook finger tight with the locking nut.